Ogłoszenie numer: 7494660, from 2022-09-13
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
IOM has been active in Poland since 2002 under an agreement with the Polish government and conducts various migration programs, including activities supporting the integration of male and female migrants into Polish society. IOM in Poland implements projects aimed at the private sector to promote ethical recruitment, respect for the rights of migrants and migrant women as well as the elimination of forced labour from value chains and the prevention of human trafficking.
Project Assistant (Communications)
Reference No.: PLVN22-008
Type of Appointment: One-Year Fixed Term, with possibility of extension
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G4
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist with communications activities in an assigned area or areas, such as case consultation, the information center and/or public affairs.
- Assist in providing efficient and effective case consultation services for individuals who appear in- person at RSC Eurasia, by providing efficient, effective, accurate, clear and courteous information to individuals during case consultation.
- Provide information to individuals through the RSC EURASIA information center, ensuring that all communication undertaken by phone, email, through website(s) and other technological means and, if relevant, in person, is efficient, effective, accurate, clear and courteous. Assist in verifying that the information provided by the RSC Eurasia information center is up to date, relevant and accessible to all persons, including to at-risk individuals, and that the staff members providing the information are adequately trained.
- In close coordination with supervisors, as requested, assist with activities related to public affairs, including, as assigned, assisting with producing and distributing materials for individuals served by RSC Eurasia, RSC management, IOM, partners and donors, including print, audio, visual and online materials.
- Update START as needed with communications-related content.
- Undertake quality checks (QC) of communications-related data in START and other communications tools such as email systems as directed by Communications team members or supervisors. Proactively bring to the attention of supervisors communications-related backlogs or other issues.
- Provide regular reports on the work being accomplished to the Project Focal Point, Communications, and/or supervisors and team members.
- Undertake duty travel as needed to participate in meetings or training.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the USRAP, SOPs and START, as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with applicants and colleagues.
- Maintain the confidentiality and integrity of all RSC-related information by implementing control procedures in line with USRAP standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert the Project Focal Point or RSC management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by RSC staff members.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Four years of working experience with secondary education; or two years of working experience with Bachelor’s degree.
- Thorough knowledge of English.
- Attention to detail and ability to organize.
- Excellent computer skills - Word, Excel and Internet.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
- Inclusionand respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managingandsharingknowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Te oferty mogą Cię zainteresować!