Ogłoszenie numer: 7494573, from 2022-09-13
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
IOM has been active in Poland since 2002 under an agreement with the Polish government and conducts various migration programs, including activities supporting the integration of male and female migrants into Polish society. IOM in Poland implements projects aimed at the private sector to promote ethical recruitment, respect for the rights of migrants and migrant women as well as the elimination of forced labour from value chains and the prevention of human trafficking.
Project Assistant, Case Management, Program Access and Scheduling
Reference No.: PLVN22-007
Type of Appointment: One-Year Fixed Term, with possibility of extension
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G4
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
The United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) operates world-wide with a target of providing resettlement opportunities to thousands of individuals each year. IOM provides a range of services and support to the USRAP including, but not limited to, case processing, migration health assessments, cultural orientation training, organized transportation and administration of a travel loan and collections program. The Department of Operations and Emergencies (DOE), specifically the Resettlement and Movement Division (RMM), has the organizational responsibility to provide direction, oversight and guidance to IOM’s global support to all resettlement programs.
Under the general supervision of the Project Coordinator, Case Management, RSC Eurasia, the direct supervision of the Project Associate, Case Management, RSC Eurasia, and with monitoring and guidance from the Project Focal Point, Case Management, RSC Eurasia, the Project Assistant is responsible for undertaking case management activities, with the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Undertake case management activities in an assigned area or areas, such as file integrity, program access, pre-screening, field team, adjudications support, scheduling or pre-departure services.
- Assist in the efficient and effective management of refugee case files and medical records, including, if assigned, undertaking such duties as creating new case files, distributing case files, filing returned files, keeping accurate and comprehensive track of files through the file tracking system, scanning files and transforming case files into travel packets.
- Undertake refugee form fill interviews for the purposes of recording biographical information, including, if assigned, accurately completing necessary forms, correctly entering data into START and other databases, scanning, photocopying, attaching and filing documents, translating basic documents, and photographing applicants in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Assist with the organization and/or scheduling of refugee appointments, including, if assigned, running ad hoc reports, entering data into schedules in START or another database, updating schedules, issuing notifications, visiting applicants in camps and other locations to relay appointment information, and/or assisting with circuit ride logistics.
- Assist with the adjudication of refugee case files by providing, if assigned, interpretation during interviews, data entry services, logistical support and assisting with the notification of results to refugee applicants as needed.
- Update START with biographical and other sensitive information such as interview dates, US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) interview and fingerprint results, medical data and resettlement location preferences, and, if assigned, activate processes such as program access verification, security checks or assurances as required.
- Undertake quality assurance checks of refugee files and case data in START as directed by Case Management team members or supervisors.
- Provide regular reports on work being accomplished to the Project Focal Point, Case Management, and/or supervisors and team members.
- Undertake duty travel as needed to participate in meetings or training.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the USRAP, SOPs and START, as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with refugee applicants and colleagues.
- Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all RSC-related information by implementing control procedures in line with USRAP standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert the Project Focal Point or RSC management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by RSC staff members.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Four years of working experience with secondary education; or two years of working experience with Bachelor’s degree.
Experience and Skills
- Thorough knowledge of English.
- Attention to detail and ability to organize.
- Excellent computer skills - Word, Excel and Internet.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
Thorough knowledge of English,Ukrainian and Russian is required.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
- Inclusionand respectfordiversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrityandtransparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Deliveringresults: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managingandsharingknowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Te oferty mogą Cię zainteresować!