Ogłoszenie numer: 7395849, from 2022-09-09
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
IOM has been active in Poland since 2002 under an agreement with the Polish government and conducts various migration programs, including activities supporting the integration of male and female migrants into Polish society. IOM in Poland implements projects aimed at the private sector to promote ethical recruitment, respect for the rights of migrants and migrant women as well as the elimination of forced labour from value chains and the prevention of human trafficking.
Reference No.: PLCFA22-072
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission, the overall supervision of the Resource Management Officer, and under the direct supervision of the National Resource Management Officer, the incumbent will assist the ICT department in performing the following duties:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Server and network operations and administration:
- In accordance with the established internal procedures and in coordination with the ICT MAC/HQ assist the installation and configuration of server hardware and software, including Local Area Network, Storage Area Network, Operating Systems (Windows), MS Active Directory, Email, Database systems, Internet Web content filtering systems, Domain Name Server (DNS), DHCP, and various security software and network devices.
- Assists in the administration, operation, technical support, and monitoring of servers; undertakes troubleshooting of server systems; if the problem persists, escalates to higher level in accordance with procedures.
- Assists in identifying the need for new settings or re-engineering of the existing; implements backups of servers following standard backup procedures.
- Administer anti-virus applications, maintains the documentation of server systems, pertinent to operations and system administration.
Desktop administration and client support:
- Performs hardware and software configuration tasks.
- Liaises with service providers on all ICT issues when and if necessary
- Escalates issues/ tasks to ICT MAC/HQ as per established procedures.
- Prepares, maintains, and updates ICT files (electronic and paper) and internal databases.
- Provides first ICT user support and technical advice to local end-user in Nuremberg and Berlin office.
- Diagnoses and resolves any hardware, software, or connectivity problem.
- Prepares technical and user documentation and reports.
- Detects problem patterns and recommends solutions; keeps abreast of developments in technology both in IOM and in the industry in general.
- Assists with the procurement of hardware and network equipment. Maintains/ updates the IT asset list.
Perform such other duties and functions as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor and/or the CoM.
- Secondary school diploma and four years of relevant working experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Computer Sciences, IT Management, or an equivalent combination of training and two years of relevant working experience.
Experience and Skills
- Working experience in administration and maintenance of Microsoft Windows network environment (LAN/ WAN).
- Working experience in administrative work and/or direct user support and computer and communication equipment troubleshooting.
- Fluency in English required. Knowledge of other official IOM language is an advantage .
- IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only those holding a valid residence and work permit for Poland will be eligible for consideration.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
At the time of recruitment, all candidates must disclose any known relative or spouse who works for IOM. Candidates may also be requested to provide documentary evidence of academic degree(s), professional licenses, and proof of no criminal records as relevant to the requirements of the position advertised.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Vaccination against COVID-19 will be required for IOM personnel who are hired or otherwise engaged by IOM. As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, candidates will be requested to provide evidence of full vaccination.
Te oferty mogą Cię zainteresować!